Architectural Project Manager
Do you have an architectural background and a passion for sustainability. Combine your talents with a fulfilling career in renewable energy.
iDEAL Energies is Minnesota's only vertically integrated commercial solar developer and EPC. We are seeking a project manager to focus on solar for new construction projects. This position will require a big picture vision and development of project execution plans to identify and capture all the efficiencies to be gained by coordinating this work during the design/construction of the project.
This Project Manager position will play a key role in helping us expand our business through project leadership and Customer management. As the primary point of contact for New Construction Projects between iDEAL Energies (IE) and its Customers, the Project Manager shall be responsible for guiding and managing the coordination efforts for integrating solar into commercial buildings that are actively in the design/or construction phase. The Project Manager will also be responsible for coordinating the efforts of their project teams, both internally and with consulting disciplines.
What you will do:
- Plan and facilitate/delegate internal and external communications.
- Obtain, organize, and review plans for projects and perform accurate take offs as detailed in documents
- Create/manipulate 3D models to determine solutions for solar infrastructure.
- Lead/attend and engage in construction meetings with other design professionals, trade contractors and customer.
- Develop and define deliverables from consultant coordination meetings.
- Preparation and review of project submittals and shop drawings for compliance with specifications.
- Work thru value engineering options.
- Establish, track, and maintain project schedule and negotiate issues and conﬂicts.
- Responsible for day-to-day Customer relations
- Manage multiple projects from start to 100% document completion.
CUSTOMER /CONSULTANT INTERFACE
- Maintains established relationships with customers and contractors to assist sales team in soliciting additional opportunities through growth sales
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships as a trusted advisor setting project objectives, project timelines and ensures final project meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Communicate with architects, engineers, contractors, subs, and owner representatives to coordinate design and installation of solar infrastructure during the building construction.
- Communicate the design through construction documents that meet AIA drafting standards. Drawings to include: plans, sections, elevations, details, and perspectives. Other drawings as required.
- Obtain and review quotes for addt’l service from internal sources as well as suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to include in project scope.
- Submit to and review with Customers matters pertaining to budget and scope of services.
- Prepare detailed project scope proposals to send to customers, their design team and contractors. Identify and communicate all upgrade costs to the base building design that will be impacted by solar.
- Develop RFI’s, respond to information, submittals and change requests. Track & document responses.
- Attend job-site meetings as required
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant project documents to calculate the cost of installing solar infrastructure during the construction process
- Work with internal engineering team to integrate the necessary PV infrastructure into the building/systems design and determine physical locations for PV related equipment that meets customer design aesthetics as well as NEC/Utility requirements.
- Collaborates with IE Sales Team, Customer, and project stakeholders to determine the best approach, value, and pricing needs for commercial solar projects
- Assists sales team with developing and delivering effective and competitive bid proposals and estimates for commercial solar projects
- Ensures IE’s best interests are represented, including profitability and cost control for each project
- Initiates, manages, and meets project budgets and timelines
- Prepares, processes and maintains all electronic files, correspondence, schedules and reports necessary to perform the responsibilities of the project contract or request
- Promotes and follows IE company philosophy, processes, values, and safety requirements
- Continuously and proactively seeks opportunities to analyze and streamline projects, processes, methods, tools, equipment, and other operational criteria to enhance the quality and quantity of work performed
- Controls and tracks on-going projects and provides solutions for field personnel when problems occur to ensure our installation is being installed as bid and per contract.
- Communicates effectively with sales team, general contractors, field foremen including field crew, engineers, architects and customers
- Transmits awarded project scope of work to field leads and other bid information to subcontractors and suppliers as needed
What We Look For
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing medium to large scale projects within a design firm, with a minimum of 7 total years of experience in the AEC industry. Prior experience with Commercial, Civic & Education projects preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers, consultants, contractors, and the design team.
- Project document software proficiency (e.g. Autocad, Revit, Sketchup, Bluebeam)
- Project management software proficiency (e.g. Office 365, Miro)
- Experience with contract administration
- Ability to understand contracts, specifications, and construction documents.
- Experience with project scheduling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility with work hours.
- Customer focused.